A beautiful budget wedding might seem like the stuff of dreams but it is possible.
Make your budget wedding a reality by using these tips from the experts. See how to save money on everything from your wedding invitations to flowers and food.
Planning a wedding is a challenging enterprise. Even tougher is planning a wedding on a budget.
When you’re putting together the biggest, most exciting party you’ll ever host, the last thing you want to think about is how you’ll pay for it all.
Unless you want to start your marriage with a huge debt, you need to think about your wedding budget upfront.
Expert tips for a beautiful budget wedding
According to The Knot’s 2016 Real Weddings Study, the average cost of a wedding is around US$35,000 so, it’s not surprising many couples rely on credit cards and bank loans to finance their big day.
However, cutting costs doesn’t have to mean cutting corners.
There are lots of money-saving tips and tricks you can use to ensure your budget wedding is gorgeous, too.
Start with a Budget
Yes. You need a budget.
Unless you have unlimited funds at your disposal, which is unlikely if you’re reading this, you need to decide how much you can spend and then allocate those funds accordingly.
Check out this wedding budget checklist from Mod Wedding to see a breakdown of how much you ought to be spending in each budget category.
Budget Wedding – Money Saving Tips
Whether you’re aiming to save a little or save a lot, you’ll discover some incredible and surprising suggestions for keeping the costs down for your budget wedding.
- Wedding Planner & Organizer - 132 page quality wedding planning book, the perfect companion to help you plan Your Perfect Day. Unlike other planners on Amazon this has been designed for American weddings, with lots of helpful pointers, wedding planning tips and budget savvy advice. It will almost certainly prompt you about things you haven’t yet thought about!
- Countdown Planning Made Easy - This complete planner has an 18 month countdown calendar to help you organize your day as well as a 12 month bullet point checkpoint list to ensure nothing gets missed. Keep track of appointments, trials, fittings, vendors, food tastings and more…
- Keep Everything Organized & Together - Our easy to use wedding organizer includes notes sections at every interval plus handy wallets for keeping together magazine cutouts, fabric swatches, photos and inspiration. The perfect companion for you in the lead up to your wedding day.
- A Great Engagement Gift Idea - Our wedding diary makes a great gift on announcement of the engagement. Every aspect of the wedding is covered, giving you one less thing to worry about. Join thousands of brides that have already planned their dream day with us.
- Over 350,000 Happy Brides - If it's not love at first sight with your wedding planner, return it to us (unused of course) for a 100% money back no questions asked refund. Pen not included.
- Bishop, Jessica (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 208 Pages - 02/06/2018 (Publication Date) - Temescal Press (Publisher)
Click on the links to see the full articles.
Budget Wedding – DIY Ideas
A budget wedding presents lots of opportunities to put your DIY skills to use.
But… Don’t get carried away.
Choose only those projects you’re confident you can complete successfully and on time. There’s no point in loading up your schedule with a million and one DIY projects and turning up at your own wedding, too frazzled to enjoy it.
If you have friends with mad DIY skills, ask for their help in lieu of a wedding present.
If you’re frugal-minded, chances are your friends are, too.
Some possibilities for the DIY treatment are:
- Backdrops for the ceremony & photos
- Photo booth
- Favours and place settings
- Flower arrangements and other decorations.
Your Budget Wedding
With some creativity and your frugal know-how you can create a beautiful wedding without spending vast amounts of money or worse still, money you don’t have.
Make sure your married life begins on a bright note, and not with the cloud of debt casting a lingering gloom over your future.
Do you have any other tips and tricks to add to the list?
Would you consider a simple budget wedding or are all the ‘bells and whistles’ necessary for your special day?
Leave a comment below to let us know your thoughts.
Last update on 2021-06-14 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API